Uncategorized / April 15, 2019
9 Secrets to Lowering Your Air Conditioning Costs This Season
Put That Extra Cash Toward Your Summer Vacation!
As spring continues to unfold, thoughts of summer loom in many homeowners’ minds. Visions of cool waves and sandy beaches or hiking trails and clear lakes fill our minds. And if you’re like many Americans, you’re reviewing your budget to start planning for summer vacation. Are we right? After all, it’s time to save some bucks now for all that summer fun later.
At Larson, we enjoy our summer getaways, too. We always appreciate tips and tricks that help us put money back in our own pockets—and our customers, too. Fortunately, thanks to all of our years of HVAC service in Phoenix, AZ, we have the inside track on how to cut back on air conditioning costs during hot weather. Below we share nine ways—both professional and do-it-yourself—that will improve the efficiency of your HVAC system and save you money, too.
Put More Money Back in Your Own Pocket
Living in Arizona during the spring and summer is hot. And not regular hot, but super hot. No surprise there, right? But what can catch you off guard is that first utility bill after you’ve had the AC pumping for a month or two. Rest easy! Relief is on the way. Here we go:
Professional Ways To Stay Cool and Save Money
- Seal those ducts. Ducts are often a common cause of poor AC performance and rising utility bills. If cold air seeps out and hot dusty air gets sucked in, your system won’t be performing to the best of its ability. Call us to seal those ducts properly or to handle duct repair in Phoenix, AZ. Then, watch your cooling performance improve fast—all while putting money back in your wallet.
- Consider a home energy audit. The U.S. Energy Department estimates a typical heating and cooling system accounts for 50 to 60 percent of total home energy use. That’s a lot of money right there! Avoid wasting money by calling Larson for a home energy audit. We’ll do a thorough inspection of your home and HVAC to locate the greatest areas of energy loss—and recommend the smartest solutions.
- Insulate your attic. One of the best ways to preserve the longevity of your cooling system is by insulating your home with R-38 (or greater) attic insulation. Poor insulation makes your AC work harder than necessary, which costs you more money than necessary. Give your cooling unit a break and save with proper insulation.
Do-It-Yourself Tips to Stay Cool and Save Money
Looking to get even more bang for your buck? Here are six simple things you can do at home on a daily basis:
- Close blinds during the day.
- Turn off ceiling fans when you leave the room.
- Run your air conditioning more economically: Cool down the house before the hottest hours, running the system during off-peak times.
- Grill outside instead of using the oven.
- Turn off your lights when not in use.
- Stagger major appliance usage.
Larson Can Make a Cool Difference
When the heat of another Phoenix spring or summer starts making you sweat, you can always turn to Larson Air Conditioning, the premier HVAC service in the Phoenix area, for all of your cooling repair, maintenance and AC installation needs. Our NATE-certified technicians are committed to providing you the ultimate satisfaction when it comes to indoor comfort. Call us today for an appointment and we’ll scoot right over to help you cool off.