Home Energy Audit
Home Energy Audits in Scottsdale, AZ
In the Phoenix desert climate, your home’s HVAC system operates year-round without pause—so finding ways to save on utility bills is a necessity. In fact, the U.S. Energy Department estimates a typical cooling and heating system accounts for 35 to 40 percent of total home energy usage. In an older house with poor insulation and aging ductwork, wasted energy drives utility use far higher. Without improvements like home insulation and duct repair, even the most advanced climate control technology can’t rein in rising energy costs!
What’s the solution for senseless utility waste? Larson’s certified HVAC team recommends Phoenix and Scottsdale homeowners begin with a professional home energy audit to pinpoint and correct areas of greatest energy loss.
Benefits of Larson’s Professional Energy-Use Assessment
A comprehensive energy audit helps homeowners maximize home improvement dollars by prioritizing the most serious causes of energy waste. Upgrading to high-efficiency HVAC equipment can’t deliver expected savings if energy loss goes unchecked. Your home energy audit is a multi-step process that includes a homeowner interview, utility bill analysis, inspection of the home’s interior and exterior, ventilation system testing and lighting inspection.
Once energy inefficiencies are identified, Larson’s team develops a plan for repairing problem areas with lasting, practical energy solutions. Our recommendations help with shortcomings like these:
- Air infiltration & loss
- Inadequate insulation
- Poorly designed ventilation
- Damaged & leaking ductwork
- Hot & cold spots that affect comfort
- Excessive dust in interior air
- Inefficient lighting
- Pest problems
- Allergies & respiratory distress
- High utility bills
- Inefficient appliance operation
After making repairs to eliminate excessive energy use, you can be confident future cooling system upgrades will deliver notable savings!
Larson Certified Home Energy Audit Services
Maintaining high-caliber customer service and workmanship standards sets Larson apart from the competition. We are experts on HVAC innovation and energy-efficient home solutions. Our family-owned and -operated Scottsdale company has been designated an Arizona Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® contractor. In addition, owner Jared Larson has earned BPI (Building Performance Institute) certification and is an expert in assessing home energy expenditure.
When you request a professional energy audit, the Larson team gets to work on this detailed checklist:
A: Attic ventilation inspection
B: Attic insulation evaluation
C: Duct system evaluation
D: Indoor air quality check
E: Lighting evaluation
F: Appliance efficiency check
G: Pool pump efficiency check
H: Room pressure check
I: Air leakage evaluation
J: HVAC system analysis
K: Water heater check
L: Window energy loss evaluation
Where potential energy savings can be realized with insulation, home performance and duct replacement, Larson proposes cost-effective changes that deliver big results. With our help, you may save as much as a 30 percent on yearly utility expenses! Trust us for these energy-saving services:
- Insulation services
- Air conditioning replacement/inspection
- Duct repair
- Duct replacement
- Air conditioning maintenance
- Furnace & heat pump replacement
Helpful Home Performance Resources
- Create a home energy profile and find great ways to save energy and minimize your carbon footprint when you visit the APS Energy Analyzer. In just five minutes, you’ll check your home’s efficiency, view potential savings estimates and review energy-saving changes that make sense for your family.
- Check your ENERGY STAR Home Energy Yardstick score. By entering a few simple details about your home’s location, size and age, you’ll receive a zero to 10 score with insights on how you are spending your energy dollars and how you can improve comfort while lowering utilities.
- To reveal unique ideas for home energy savings, ENERGY STAR has created this interactive house.
Trust Larson’s Home Performance Experts
Before you face another scorching summer at home, worried that your AC system can’t handle the heat, call Larson at 480.428.0600 to request an energy audit or discuss leaky ducts and air quality problems. For your convenience, you can also schedule an HVAC inspection using our convenient online form. We’re the region’s home performance experts, and we’re proud to serve the entire Greater Phoenix community!