Duct Repair & Replacement in Greater Phoenix & Scottsdale
Air ducts are a vital part of any HVAC system. Correctly sized and sealed ductwork facilitates the smooth, quiet flow of indoor air, delivering cool comfort to every room. Suitably sized return ducts also maximize AC efficiency by promoting balanced air return and supply.
In older homes built before current energy standards, ducts are a common cause of poor AC performance and rising utility bills. Aging or deteriorating air ducts hidden in ceilings, walls and attics go unnoticed when new cooling equipment is installed. This neglect leads to common air duct problems like these:
- Crushed, sagging or kinked ducts
- Disconnected ducts
- Leaky ducts
- Incorrectly designed and installed ducts
- Stamped registers & grilles
- Undersized return ducts
- Under-insulated ducts
Repair, Seal or Replace Outdated Ductwork
Larson’s duct replacement solves problems that stem from incorrect configuration, poor workmanship and old duct systems. Air duct design and arrangement is sophisticated and requires the expertise of specially trained technicians. Our NATE-certified team calculates your home’s recommended duct size and register placement to assure high-efficiency heating and cooling. Replacing an old HVAC unit without updating ductwork leads to poor equipment performance, much like attaching a frayed extension cord to a new lamp!
At Larson, we know ductwork design directly influences HVAC performance and other installation factors like these:
- Equipment sizing
- Unit efficiency
- Equipment malfunctions
- Envelope infiltration
- Operating costs
- Indoor air quality
- Noise levels
- Occupant comfort
- Owner satisfaction with the system
Duct Services by Larson
To ensure year-round comfort during cooling and heating seasons, our Phoenix-area indoor air quality specialists provide duct repair and sealing, duct replacement, new duct installation and duct insulation. Other expertise includes:
- Duct design & Manual D calculation. The Air Conditioning Contractors of America Manual D is the method used to determine ductwork layout and duct sizing. Larson’s NATE-certified specialists use this gold standard for designing and sizing ducts for new and retrofitted HVAC systems. Manual D calculations are used in conjunction with other HVAC installation standards to deliver homeowner satisfaction and assure system efficiency, quietness and performance.
- Return air additions. When replacing HVAC systems and ductwork, it is often wise to incorporate additional return air vents. Most HVAC systems have undersized return-air ducts, resulting in noisy and less-effective cooling. Adding a return air vent reduces static pressure and prevents air from becoming “bottlenecked” in your vents.
- Duct leakage testing. It’s no fun to pay for wasted AC. In a typical house, ENERGY STAR estimates 20 to 30 percent of conditioned air is lost through duct cracks, leaks or poorly sealed joints. Larson technicians will test existing ducts for leaks and recommend duct repair, duct sealing or duct replacement when necessary.
- Installation of high-flow registers. High-flow return grilles are designed to be more aerodynamic than previous models, reducing static pressure and enabling more air to flow through. This means increased comfort, reduced energy use and less chance of noise.
Larson Duct Repair & AC Replacement Services
Cooled air that dissipates in the duct system of your home is wasted and expensive. Larson offers duct repair, duct replacement, duct sealing and duct insulation. With our help, ventilation is balanced, and your Scottsdale or Phoenix home will feel cool, refreshing and efficient. Call Larson at 480.428.0600 for these ventilation, cooling and indoor air quality services:
- Ductwork design
- Indoor air quality equipment
- Heat load calculations
- Duct installation
- Duct seal
- AC replacement & installation
- Insulation services
- Home energy audit
Join Larson’s Cool Club Maintenance Program
Reasonably priced and filled with customer perks, Larson’s 29-point maintenance tune-up keeps systems running strong, season after season. Our precision checklist restores HVAC equipment after months of hard use and exceeds most manufacturers’ required warranty maintenance. As a bonus, Larson’s Cool Club members receive VIP pricing on repairs or new equipment purchases. To join, dial 480.428.0600 and speak with a Larson team member—or schedule maintenance service online using this convenient form.